Thursday 22 March 2012

Penang Blues Brothers at Little Penang Street Market this Sunday

The Penang Blues Brothers will be jamming at this coming Sunday's Little Penang Street Market at Upper Penang Road, Georgetown (directly in front of the E&O Hotel). We're on at 3:30pm and the date is Sunday, March 25. Come on down and enjoy the afternoon.

I'm currently in Thailand (my browser knows it even if you don't, as my blogger is titled entirely in Thai which is one of those alphabets that English-language film producers use in outer space flicks) so Kim Gooi is helping pull the musicians together. Right now it looks like Kim will be on harp, I'll be on tenor sax, James Lochhead on keyboards, Bonny Jeremiah on bass, Joe Goh will be coming up from K.L. to play guitar, and we will likely have some guests too. James claims to know only two chords so I hope they are the same two that I know. We're all old enough to have actually had the blues a time or two because as Memphis Slim said, "You can't learn the blues in school."

100% electric blues with a nod to the Windy City. Hope to see you in Georgetown on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment